Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not 25 Any longer!!!

Okay - so there comes a point in everyone's life where you just have to accept the fact that you are growing up... not necessarily growing old - just up!!!

Our neighborhood is very close - we all hang out together, cookout on the weekends (or is it grilling?), the kids play - and we are all pretty much around the same age.

Well lo and behold we have a new couple move in - they are young and hip and awesome people.... but that DOES NOT mean that them being young makes anyone else any younger - as much as we would like for it too!!

No - I can no longer chug beer, play Beer Pong or do a Beer Bong.... Accept it Andrea, get over the fact that you want to - you can not do it with out reprecutions!!! And there will be many!!! The fact that you have a 5 year old son to take care of the next day is the main one...

So while I sit back in my chair and watch the table, cups and beer being brought out to the beer garden - I will quietly smile to myself and remember that I WAS that young once before and I WAS able to do all it with out having to worry. That will be my satisfaction now...........not the chugging of 5 beers in a row............. it is sort of sad to see those days go away.............nah... maybe not!!!

No comments: