Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Are They Really A Friend?

So have you ever known this person, been friends with this person - or at least you thougth you were friends with this person and really never understood WHY??? I mean this person irritates you, is rude to you, and just over all thinks they are better then you and knows more then you. But you like this person, you enjoy their company, for the most part. They do have thier redeeming qualities. Although sometimes it is hard to see them when they talk to you like they are talking to their child.

Now normally I can just lash right back at them... tell them they are a *&$%ing idiot and to grow up... but recently it hit me... why should I? Why should I even put up with this shit? I mean, are you REALLY worth it to me... probably not. Life might be a little more dull, a little more lonely without this ONE person around, but really that would be okay.

Does this person really think that belittling everyone around them or talking like they are a know it all to everyone is really what everyone wants to hear. Maybe I should try a different approach. Maybe it is not me at all - but them. Maybe there are issues on their part that I don't know and that it just the way they deal with feeling inferior to others. I know I am not alone in this thought. I know there are others that wonder why we put up with this from this person... So really that makes me think that it is NOT me. But heck, it very well could be.

For now, I will probably just bite my tongue (as much as is possible for me) and let this person go on believing. Let this person go on being the Know it all the wish they were, but boy that day will come when it will crumble all around them - and won't it be nice to sit back a chuckle. And then being the friend that I am step in a console, comfort and laugh with this person... becuase at some point the realization will hit them that people don't like the former them.

For now it is time for me to go ... back for more later!!

No comments: